Saturday, June 14, 2008

An Introduction (with Some Commentary)

I've had this idea for this blog for a long time. As I studied and practiced law, my background in and obsession with technology pushed me to combine the two as often as possible. And in my experience, this pushed me farther than my peers in terms of my performance and human capital. But my goal isn't to compete with others. My goal is to help everyone perform better and more efficiently to the benefit of our practices, our clients, and maybe society as a whole. 

Yes, better to start lofty, eh?

Otherwise, I want to approach this blog from my own personal viewpoint, embarking upon a legal career--in that I kind of fell into law on happenstance. I didn't apply to law school to become a lawyer, which resulted in me not knowing *anything* about law (and it's internal language), putting me well behind the curve from my peers. I never took any law classes in undergrad and never even though to try and read a case before my acceptance.

So to those who might be in my position, who lack the social, legal background (I'll probably talk more about this as time goes on), this is for you as well. 


No comments: